In this communication course, you will learn about key topics that are essential to journalists working around the world. These topics include:
- The job of the journalist
- Ethics in journalism
- Inclusive journalism
- Local vs. Global journalism
- Citizen journalism
Issues in English vocabulary, idioms, and grammar are explored as well.
“English for Journalists” is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, and developed in partnership with the Regional English Language Office in Central and Southeastern Europe, the Voice of America, and English language educators across Central and Eastern Europe. This course is being offered by UC Berkeley as part of the U.S. Department of State’s MOOC Camp.
What you'll learn:
- Understand current issues facing journalists globally
- Improve your English vocabulary and grammar in order to write more effective stories
- Communicate more effectively with others in interviews and reports
- Understand issues of ethics, equality, and fairness as they apply to journalism