Using video lectures and hands-on exercises, we will teach you cutting-edge techniques and best practices that will boost your data analysis and visualization skills.
We will take a deep dive into data analysis with spreadsheets: PivotTables, VLOOKUPS, Named ranges, what-if analyses, making great graphs - all those will be covered in the first weeks of the course. After that, we will investigate the quality of the spreadsheet model, and especially how to make sure your spreadsheet remains error-free and robust.
Finally, once we have mastered spreadsheets, we will demonstrate other ways to store and analyze data. We will also look into how Python, a programming language, can help us with analyzing and manipulating data in spreadsheets.
EX101x is created using Excel 2013 and Windows. Most assignments can be made using another spreadsheet program and operating system as well, but we cannot offer full support for all configurations.
The goal of this course is to help you to overcome data analysis challenges in your work, research or studies. Therefore we encourage you to participate actively and to raise real data analysis problems that you face in our discussion forums.
What you'll learn:
- Overcome data analysis challenges in your work and research
- Increase your productivity and make better business decisions
- Enhance your data analysis skills using spreadsheets
- Learn about advanced spreadsheet possibilities like array formulas and pivottables
- Learn about Excel 2013 features like PowerPivot & PowerMap
- Learn to organize and test your spreadsheets