Learn SaaS and Agile skills, such as working with legacy code and enhancing applications with sophisticated techniques.
Other topics covered in this software engineering course include:
- How to form, organize and manage small programming teams
- Introduction to design patterns: what they are and how to recognize opportunities to apply them
- Using Rails for more advanced features like third-party authentication and elegantly expressing design patterns that arise frequently in SaaS
There will be three homework assignments: two programming assignments and one assignment about operations/deployment. There will also be several short quizzes. The videos and homework assignments used in this offering of the course were revised in October 2013.
What you'll learn:
- App deployment process to real users, including how to monitor performance, identify and fix common performance problems, and avoid compromising customer data
- How to apply Agile techniques to enhance and refactor legacy code