Contemporary Issues in Ocean Governance (Open2Study)
Learn about how the world’s oceans are regulated, protected and preserved. This course considers the nature of how the world’s oceans are regulated. It will go through how ocean governance has evolved through time and how it actually works. In addition, there will be a focus on particular issues such as piracy, maritime security and environmental protection for the oceans.
What will you learn?
- The basics of how the world’s oceans are governed
- The fundamentals of maritime jurisdiction
- Why piracy is still with us, and how countries combat it today
- The international mechanisms to protect ships and shipping around the globe
- The international structures dealing with the protection of the marine environment and the sustainable use of marine living resources
Already taken this course? Please rate.