This is the fifth part of an introductory business information systems series, designed to help you pass the CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications exam and introduce you to the amazing world of Information Technology.
In this course, you will learn the basic concepts of information systems and their application.
In Part 5, you will learn:
- The economic effects of IT
- The challenges to privacy
- The intellectual property rights and legal issues related to information technology
- About Open source initiatives
- The effects of information technology on careers (ergonomics, virtual teams, telecommuting, job design)
- The impact of technology on careers (globalization, outsourcing, insourcing)
- About careers in information systems and information technology
- An understanding of knowledge management
- How Security and controls are managed in IT
- Which business strategies are used in IT (competition, reengineering, process modeling, e-commerce, TQM)