Learn the basics of cloud computing and Microsoft Azure to accelerate your IT career in a cloud-enabled world. Cloud computing, or “the cloud,” has gone from a leading trend in IT to mainstream consciousness and wide adoption.
Learn how to design Microsoft cloud computing solutions using Microsoft Azure. Azure is Microsoft’s cloud computing platform, a growing collection of integrated services—analytics, computing, database, mobile, networking, storage, and web—for moving faster, achieving more, and saving money.
In this course, you’ll apply what you already know about implementing solutions on Microsoft Azure to learn solution design skills. At the completion of this course, you will be able to identify tradeoffs and make decisions for designing public and hybrid cloud solutions.
This course will help you prepare for the Microsoft Certification Exam 70-534: Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions.
Note: To complete the final assignment in this course, you will need an Azure subscription. You can use your existing Azure account, or sign up for a free Azure trial subscription (a valid credit card is required for verification, but you will not be charged for Azure services). Note that the free trial is not available in all regions. It is possible to complete the course and earn a certificate without completing the final assignment.
In this course, you’ll learn design principles and techniques for:
- Cloud computing for performance, resiliency and scale
- Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and Networking
- Microsoft Azure Web Apps
- Advanced Applications
- Application Storage & Data Access
- Securing Resources
- Management and Monitoring Strategy
- Business Continuity Strategy
Students considering taking this course are expected to be able to define and implement the appropriate infrastructure and platform solutions to meet the required functional, operational, and deployment requirements through the solution lifecycle. Including:
- Create and manage infrastructure components in Azure
- Implement Web apps
- Describe common practices for building resilient and scalable applications
- Implement Storage & Data Services
- Implement and manage cloud and mobile services
- Implement CDNs and Media Services
- Implement Azure Active Directory and use it to implement security in an application
- Automate and integrate Azure resources using PowerShell
Note: this is not an introductory course on Microsoft Azure, it’s intended for students with implementation level knowledge of Azure’s services who are looking to increase their skills around design and architecture.