The second course in a comprehensive series designed to prepare you for the AP Biology exam, focusing on genetics and DNA.
Preparing for the AP Biology exam requires a deep understanding of many different topics in biology as well as an understanding of the format of the AP exam and the types of questions it asks. This course is Part 2 of the AP Biology series designed to prepare you for the AP Biology exam.
In Part 2, you will explore genes and learn how information is passed from one generation to the next. You will look at the molecular level of genetics as well as the bigger picture, learning how DNA holds the instructions to life.
As you work through this course, you will find lecture videos taught by expert AP Biology teachers, practice multiple choice questions and free response questions that are similar to what you will encounter on the AP exam and tutorial videos that show you step-by-step how to solve problems. By the end of the course, you will be prepared to take on the AP exam!
What you'll learn:
- Prepare for the AP Biology Exam
- Learn about Mendel and the history of genetics, molecular genetics and the technology in use today
- See how living systems store, retrieve, transmit and respond to information
- See how the process of evolution drives the diversity of life
- Participate in inquiry-based lab investigations and discussions