Advanced CSS Concepts (edX)
Gain a solid foundation in developing and testing device-friendly websites using the power of CSS. In this computer science course, you will learn how to design, develop and test device-friendly websites using CSS, one of the core technologies used for building web pages. You’ll also learn how to use Flexbox, SVG images, linting and other web developer tools to enhance your web pages.
This course is intended for:
- People who want to make a living (or side-income) from web page design/development.
What you'll learn:
- Evaluating designs and recognizing the underlying layout
- Analyzing style guides to build your base CSS
- Building a semantic HTML and CSS foundation
- Using media queries to create a responsive grid system
- Building a base button module and extending it to a button primary
- Building a mobile header section that includes a logo and navigation
- Building a mobile hero section and positioning an image as a background
- Building a media object and including an icon font
- Transpiling SCSS into CSS and setting up a file structure
- Building a desktop header section with variables and media query mixins
- Creating an image frame module and color mask module
- Using Web developer tools and linting to help you find and fix issues
- Using Flexbox on the header, logo, and navigation to maximize available space
- Extending your Grid with Flexbox and reversing a row for medium and large device sizes
- Using SVG images and how to add them to a page using the new tag
Already taken this course? Please rate.